The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is an incredible resource for anyone living with the condition. Recently, they put together advice to help those living with CF manage their treatment plans.
Among the highlights:
If you’ve got cystic fibrosis, why should you maintain a regular treatment plan?
- You will feel more energetic
- You could have fewer exacerbations and hospitalizations
- Lung function may improve, contributing to a longer life
What should your treatment plan consist of?
- Regular visits to a care center
- Airway clearance
- Breathing treatments
What are some of the challenges for maintaining your treatment plan?
- You’re too busy
- You don’t have enough energy
What are some strategies for overcoming those challenges?
- Make a list of the things you’d like to achieve in life, so you remain motivated to maintain your health
- As much as you can, incorporate treatment as part of your daily routine. The more habitual it is, the more likely you are to do what you need to
- Include necessary tasks on your calendar, so you have visual reminders
- Set reminders on your cell phone or laptop
- Keep a list of any challenges you encounter, so you can discuss them with your health care team