If you have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) then you are familiar with its on-and-off symptoms and living with generally unreliable health.
What’s more, is you may try to explain it and end up sounding completely silly because you don’t look sick. So, I’ve collected some GIFs below that help to visually explain what I go through on a weekly basis, living with POTS.
1. COLD. It’s 70 degrees outside but I’m still freezing. Don’t touch my hands.
2. Sweat. So much sweat. It’s 71 degrees but I’m sweating. I am a furnace.
3. So tired. Can’t stay up. I’m in class, at work, with friends at a bar… and I’m still falling asleep.
4. Just a casual faint here and there. On the way to work on the train, on the bus, in the shower or just if I stand for too long. No body freak out though, it’s just my POTS.
5. Brain fog. I can’t remember what I was saying or what you were saying or what we were talking about.
6. I can’t sleep, either because my heart rate is super high or I slept all day.