September is Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) Awareness Month! The Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Association has put together 5 different ways you can help spread awareness of this rare disease this month.
The Association is also featuring patient stories, who they rightly name CMT celebrities. They want to demonstrate the persistence, dedication, bravery, and innovation of these patients who live daily with CMT.
The 5 Things You Can Do
- Add an Access CMT Awareness Month frame to your Facebook profile picture.
- Make sure you are following the CMTA Facebook page so that you don’t miss any of the patient stories that will be shared this month. The Association will also be sharing interviews with some of their STAR Alliance Partners.
- Use your own voice! Go live on Facebook and share your CMT journey. CMTA encourages patients to tag the Association in their own awareness videos. Just type @Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association: The Time is Now.
- If you want to go larger than Facebook, try contacting your local TV stations and radio stations. They are often looking for important stories to share and you have one! Here’s more information on how to contact media stations in your hometown.
- Buy a CMTA Star. The stars will be placed in the CMT Hall of Fame. They will be shared with the CMTA Community on the 30th of September.
Read More About CMT on Patient Worthy
- Researchers Create Worm Model to Expand CMTX6 Research
- Study Illuminates the Need for More Research in Easing Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Symptoms
- New Collaboration in Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease to Uncover Ways to Deliver Gene Therapies
- A New Way To Measure How Is Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Really Affecting Your Child
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Type 1A: RNA Treatment Shows Promise in Mouse Models
- A Second Phase 3 Trial for Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Type 1A Begins this Month
- MPZ Mutations in CMT1B Cause Milder Sensory Neuropathy
You can read more about CMT Awareness Month and how the Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Association is celebrating here.