This is an interview I did with Scott Davidson who has a podcast called Living Adaptive, where he interviews people that have adapted to significantly difficult situations in their lives. It may be from the unexpected loss of a loved one, life changing accidents, cancer survivors, amputees, Paralympians, and more.
Guests share their stories and impart knowledge regarding how to handle the heavy challenges of life. My interview, called Mindset towards Adapting, shares my battle with dystonia, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and obesity, and the strategies I use to turn these obstacles into opportunities for a better life.
Topics of our interview include:
• My story about how I couldn’t function within everyday life for years because of chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and obesity, and dealt with thoughts of not wanting to live.
• How my life began to turn in a positive manner and how I began to heal physically and mentally.
• The mindset needed to dig oneself out from a bad situation and why I am so passionate about helping others adapt.
• Strategies for better managing mental and physical pain.
• Going from viewing oneself as a victim to someone with options and opportunities for a better life.
• How and why I became an author and life coach focused on providing strategies for dealing with physical and mental challenges in life.
• Tools and techniques that help one go from a bad situation to a healthier situation.