I LOVE pancakes but part of having chronic Lyme means I have a pretty restricted diet.
Additionally, I almost never have energy so I need something that will give me a boost, but doesn’t diverge from my dietary restrictions. So I present to you,
The Easiest GF, DF, Refined Sugar-Free Pancakes for 1
- 3 tbsp GF Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tbsp GF Coconut Flour
- 1 egg*
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened coconut milk (SO Delicious brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Heat a skillet at medium and when fully heated, spoon full a dollop of the mixture on the pan.
- Wait about 2 minutes, or until the very edges of the dollop look less creamy than the rest of the pancake, and flip. Wait 1-2 minutes more and add to your plate.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until the mixture has run out and turn the burner off.**
- If you are using frozen berries, just place them on the already hot skillet over the turned-off burner and heat until warm. Poor fruit on the pancakes.**
*For these purposes, eggs are considered poultry
**I actually put almond butter between each pancake to make them stick together like a layered cake.
***You can also mix the fruit in with your pancake mixture in a blender. Your pancakes with be purple or blue, but they taste delicious!