Have you looked through Google for online quizzes?
Well, let me just tell you… the extensive options may blow your mind.
One that I found very interesting (there were plenty of choices mind you) was a narcolepsy online quiz, which was designed to help you recognize if you potentially have narcolepsy.
And so I took it, and this is what I discovered about myself and narcolepsy.
The questions are crafted in a way to discover:
- The connections between emotions and body impulses
- The connections between environments and body reactions
- The frequency of dangerous situation from falling asleep
- The frequency of cognitive delays
- The quality of sleep patterns
- The frequency of unexpected sleep attacks
All this in an 11 question quiz.
And once you’re done, the results button shares your outcome that should look something like mine:
You have completed Narcolepsy Quiz.
According to this test, your sleep patterns indicate:
You may have narcolepsy – or uncontrolled daytime sleep attacks.
We recommend that you consult your doctor immediately.
Note: This quiz is meant to be educational and is NOT meant to be diagnostic nor should it be used to treat yourself. Please consult your physician.
My results sparked my curiosity, and back to Google I go looking for other options for online quizzes on narcolepsy and sleep disorders.
After way, way, way too many hours fiddling around with these tests, I collected a short list of the most helpful ones:
- Sleep Management Institute: 26 questions designed to alert you to any problems resulting from poor-quality sleep
- American Association of Sleep Technologist: Interesting 7 question quiz on sleep disorders that is NOT INTENDED to be used in place of a diagnostic visit with a sleep clinic
- Clayton Sleep Institute: 38 questions to help identify if you have a sleep disorder
- Talk About Sleep: A 30 self-assessment quiz—an important tool designed to both quickly and easily determine if a sleep disorder could possibly be present or be a factor in your overall health and well- being.
While the cause of narcolepsy is not completely understood, these little online quizzes gave some interesting insights.