Young adults with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) have the same interests as those without SMA.
You may want to go to college and pursue you dreams. Or you do you wish to get a job so you can live independently? For this reason, a helpful list of resources has been developed by SMA News Today and the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Above all, we want you to achieve your goals. Furthermore, this list was created to make finding help easier for you.
In terms of education, below is a list of information to help you with financing college courses, scholarships, and how to find which college is best for you.
- Post-Secondary Education and Student with Disabilities
- Financial Aid for Student with Disabilities
- SpinLife Innovation in Motion Scholarship Program
For employment, these resources can help you find a land a job. They can help you with specific job training and work accommodations if that is needed.
- Disability.gov-Guide to Employment
- A to Z of Disability and Accommodations
- State Departments of Vocational Rehabilitation
Visit the links below if you need assistance with living independently or just SMA support in general.
Click here for more resources.