It’s Guacher Disease Awareness Month!
According to eurogaucher.org, International Gaucher Day was a success! This year it was observed on October 1st to bring awareness to Gaucher disease. The European Gaucher Alliance launched this commemoration in 2014. This year’s theme was: Overcoming Challenges, Living Life.
No matter on which side of the pond you reside, the EGA encouraged people all across the globe to participate from right where they are!
Check out some of the organization’s suggestions so you can start getting ready for International Gaucher Day next year!
- In your community
- Sponsor a walk, bike ride, or sporting event
- Host a tea, coffee meeting or cookout
- Invite doctors, patients, caregivers, and family to a lecture
- Give out information about this disease (click here for fact sheet)
- Use the IGD logo in your cover photo or profile picture on social media
- Hashtag your social media posts with #IGD2018 and #RareButNotAlone
- Join the Thunderclap campaign