The Rare Impact Awards for 2017 will be held this year, on May 18th, at 6:30 pm in Washington, DC.
The Rare Impact Awards is the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORDS) signature charity event that supports NORD in helping the 30 million Americans who suffer from rare disease.
This year, they are honoring a group of very impactful doctors, patients, caregivers and researchers who are fighting for those in the rare disease community. Below is the list of honorees announced two days ago.
- Patients Ellie McGinn, Christine Grube, and Brandon Hudgins
- Caregiver and White House Precision Medicine Initiative appointee Matthew Might, Ph.D.
- Patient and advocate Beth Nguyen, R.N.
- Researchers and clinicians Robert Desnick, Ph.D., M.D., Frederick Kaplan, M.D., and Cynthia Tifft, M.D.
- National health leaders Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO) and Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
- A Twist of Fate – ATS, a nonprofit patient organization serving the Arterial Tortuosity Syndrome community
- Industry innovators Advanced Accelerator Applications USA, Biogen, CSL Behring, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and Sarepta Therapeutics
This event not only honors amazing rare warriors, but it also has some entertainment! Gaelynn Lea, a recording artist, will perform her own songs in addition to the David Bach Consort.