Remember when PW reported on the Newborn Screening and Gene therapy for the Immune Deficiency SCID?
Well guess what our friends at the Immune Deficiency Foundation are doing? The IDF is holding two special sessions at their national conference for those families dealing with SCID with physician speakers from St. Jude, Duke, Cincinnati Children’s, UCSF, and UCLA.
Take a look at the tentative agenda below:
- SCID National Update and Advocacy
- Where We’ve Come from, Where We’re Going: SCID in the Era of Newborn Screening
- What is the PIDTC, USIDNET and PI CONNECT?
- Next Generation & Quality of Life
- SCID Family Journey: Discussion Panel
- Current Known Genetic Forms of SCID
- Stem Cell Transplantation for SCID
- X-linked Gene Therapy and the Future of Gene Therapy for SCID
- ADA SCID
- Managing Autoimmune Issues