September is National Blood Cancer Awareness Month and September 15th is World Lymphoma Awareness Day. To find out more, check out the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF).
Not only does this include the more common forms of blood cancer, but also rare cases like mantle cell lymphoma, marginal zone lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
We encourage you to help shed light on blood cancer, to spread awareness and give hope to those battling this tragic disease. According to the LRF, here’s the skinny on how you can help “Light it Red” on World Lymphoma Awareness Day.
Easy ways to participate on September 15th:
- Light your work building red
- Have a wear red day at work OR you can just wear red and share it on social with #LightItRed
- Give the LRF’s Light it Red for Lymphoma Awareness and Fundraising Guide to employees
- Take a picture with the LRF’s “LIR Selfie Sign,” and post it on social with #LightItRed
- Promote Light it Red with #LightItRed across social platforms and let people know about events!
- Visit a Light it Red for Lymphoma Lighting Partner, snap a pic and share on social with #LightItRed
- Share the LRF’s lymphoma facts and infographics on social media
There are many other ways to participate as well. You can find the full list here on LRF’s site.
Regardless of how you choose to participate, we hope you do!